- PLAINTIFF’S SHOULD ALWAYS START BY ATTACKING THE DEFENDANT
- ADVICE ABOUT BEING A BETTER ADVOCATE
- “TIMID SALESPEOPLE HAVE SKINNY KIDS” – LEARN HOW TO ASK FOR THE VERDICT
- WE FORGIVE MISTAKES BUT PUNISH SINFUL CONDUCT
- CONSIDER A SETTLEMENT CHECKLIST TO AVOID MISTAKES
- ARE YOU A “WHACK A MOLE” TRIAL LAWYER?
- “In the spring of 1971, I met a girl” LESSONS OF GREAT STORY TELLING
- LESSONS FROM ONE OF AMERICA’S GREATEST TRIAL LAWYERS – EARL ROGERS
- TWO BOOKS ABOUT COMMUNICATIONS WITH IDEAS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER
- THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT OR REFUSING TO TAKE RESPONSIBLITY
- BASIC TORT DEFENSES
- DEALING WITH THE DEFENSE “IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED NO MATTER WHAT WAS DONE”
- TRIAL LESSONS FROM A RECORD VERDICT OUTCOME
- TWO IMPORTANT CONCEPTS: ANCHORING & THE MIND-BODY CONNECTION
- OUTLINE FOR DIRECT EXAMINATION OF PLAINTIFF HUMAN FACTORS EXPERT
- WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THE WHEELS BEGIN TO FALL OFF YOUR CASE?
- COMMENCEMENT SPEAKER ADVICE APPLIES TO TRIAL LAWYERS
- HOW DO YOU EVALUATE DAMAGES FOR A CHILD SHOULDER DYSTOCIA CASE?
Category Archives: Settlement
I am a great believer in checklists for everything we do in the law practice. If pilots with thousands of hours of flying religiously review checklists before flying and hospitals require checklists for medical care then how is representing a … Continue reading
I’d like to review the basic simple ideas of negotiation, which most of you already are totally aware about, but perhaps younger lawyers might benefit from. Pawn Stars is a popular TV show which features people bringing various items into … Continue reading
I’ve written about settlement mediation before on this blog: http://plaintifftriallawyertips.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=157&action=edit The entire subject of modern settlement negotiations has been much more complex then when I started the practice. The insurance adjustor would come to the office and negotiate with you. … Continue reading