- WE FORGIVE MISTAKES BUT PUNISH SINFUL CONDUCT
- CONSIDER A SETTLEMENT CHECKLIST TO AVOID MISTAKES
- ARE YOU A “WHACK A MOLE” TRIAL LAWYER?
- “In the spring of 1971, I met a girl” LESSONS OF GREAT STORY TELLING
- LESSONS FROM ONE OF AMERICA’S GREATEST TRIAL LAWYERS – EARL ROGERS
- TWO BOOKS ABOUT COMMUNICATIONS WITH IDEAS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER
- THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT OR REFUSING TO TAKE RESPONSIBLITY
- BASIC TORT DEFENSES
- DEALING WITH THE DEFENSE “IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED NO MATTER WHAT WAS DONE”
- TRIAL LESSONS FROM A RECORD VERDICT OUTCOME
- TWO IMPORTANT CONCEPTS: ANCHORING & THE MIND-BODY CONNECTION
- OUTLINE FOR DIRECT EXAMINATION OF PLAINTIFF HUMAN FACTORS EXPERT
- WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THE WHEELS BEGIN TO FALL OFF YOUR CASE?
- COMMENCEMENT SPEAKER ADVICE APPLIES TO TRIAL LAWYERS
- HOW DO YOU EVALUATE DAMAGES FOR A CHILD SHOULDER DYSTOCIA CASE?
- WHY STORY TELLING IS SUCH A POWERFUL TRIAL LAWYER’S TOOL
- WHAT TRIAL LAWYERS CAN LEARN FROM DONALD TRUMP
- THE POWER OF VISUALIZATION
Category Archives: Defenses
In the early 1970’s there was an African American comedian, Flip Wilson, who hosted his own weekly comedy series and earned a Golden Globe and two Emmy Awards he was so talented. One of his hilarious routines involved acting out … Continue reading
We all know that the basic elements of a tort case involve the existence of a duty with a breach of that duty that causes damages. We also know that there are common defenses which we face in our tort … Continue reading
Recently a friend asked for ideas on the defense “it would have happened anyway. ” I was motivated to give this some thought. I don’t have a good or magic answer, but here are some thoughts about this defense. Defendants … Continue reading